On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:49:02 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>>         It's one thing to have a popup message appear only when you
>> failed to do something rather than have it appear anytime you wish to
>> do something. IOW comparing the popup message for deletions that has to
>> be dealt with upon every delete operation to a popup message for an
>> empty subject line is not fair.

>     Not every delete operation, just operations that the programmer has
> deemed "dubious."

        This means that you'll see the delete confirmation whenever you
wish to do a delete operation deemed 'dubious'. Still in contrast to a
popup message that appears *only* when you fail to do the right thing. :)

        Perhaps I should say 'fail to do what you should' rather than the
right thing because I know of no rule where you must include a subject.
Netiquette guidelines do say that you should:

        http://www.albion.com/netiquette/book/0963702513p48.html

        <quote>  "When you send an email message, your return address
        usually appears automatically. You just need to fill in the "To"
        line (with the recipient's email address) and the "Subject" line
        (with a clear and concise description of the subject of your
        message)." </end quote>

        A reminder is not not a foofie from this POV, since it's courteous
to include a subject in 99.9% of instances, you may break threads without
it. I have no problem with it. :)

--
-=Allie=-                      |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ Writer's Rule #2: About those sentence fragments. ]
____