Hi Jast,

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:55:49 +0100GMT (24/01/2000, 02:55 +0800GMT),
Jast wrote:

>> I have four accounts set up. One of them (the main account) contains
>> the DUN data, the rest has "Use Account specific..." unchecked.

J>   I'm  not quite sure why you would set the DUN data in one account if you can
J>   do it globally?

No I can't; if you have multiple accounts you must choose one to be
your "main" account for DUN connections. If you have more than one
account with "Use account specific network settings" checked, you will
get an error message when you try to check both of them at the same
time.

>> If I set up periodical checking at this main account, the "No
>> automatic dial..." is ignored and TB connects every 10 minutes. If
>> there is no peroidical checking at this main account but at (all)
>> others, "No automatic dial.." is heeded.
>>
>> Can someone confirm this?

J>  I set it up the way you described, but I can not replicate this behavior.

Hmmm. Can you think of any possibility why TB automatically connects
even though "No autamatic dial..." is checked? I have run out of
ideas.

>> Furthermore, if you do want periodical connections and after a while
>> change your mind and disable it (at least in the main account), the
>> disabling is only recognized after to close and restart TB. Without
>> restart, periodical connection will continue.
>>
>> Another bug, or only here?

J>  It works correctly here....

Also only on my machine. Something wrong with my setup?

BTW the last one has always been like this from the beginning (April
99), I just close and reopen TB; no big deal. But it's funny
nevertheless.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.39
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.