Thursday, January 27, 2000, 2:57:23 AM, Nico wrote:
> But why DO you use The Bat then? I guess all of you wouldn't do if
> they thought they hadn't find the best client available. Not saying
> the perfect one. But one that's better than the other in many points.

    Because it is the most acceptable trade-off of a field of clients that all
are flawed and, IMHO, not "perfect" in any way.  I have made it no secret why
I use TB!, so here it is again for the newbies.  I chose to use TB! because it
does not use MDI (which rules out most clients right there), has accounts
completely separate, had a partial IMAP implementation and most importantly of
all, active development.  It isn't features or that I think it is better than
all other clients, it is that it has active development whereas other clients
which I do consider better do not.  If that development goes a way that I
don't like, I'm more than willing to drop my support of the product and move
on.  To me being the best of a bad lot means you are, at best, mediocre.  Not
that I'm calling TB! mediocre, just pointing out that your argument of being
"better" than the others doesn't mean much when the whole field in question is
so poor to begin with that most issues and features are not address or
implemented correctly.  :P