Hi there!

On 31 Jan 00, at 6:45, John De Hoog wrote
    about "Re[3]: Signature Thing Frustration":

>   Yes, I got one of those mails too. Interestingly, not everyone
>   thinks the sig-dash standard is a good thing. When it was introduced
>   to Datula, a Japanese mailer, the regulars on the Datula mailing
>   list set up a howl, with some of them saying it was a really bad
>   idea to have a program automatically cut out everything after the
>   sig-dash.

There was absolutely the same reaction on Pegasus mailing list once upon a
time, when this question was raised. Some said, they always quote the
signatures, some said, that the program should never assume for the user,
etc., etc. Basically the audience felt like this feature is unnecessary.

>   I'm not opposed to it myself, but if The Bat! is not going to make
>   it easy for me to use it, I'm not going to waste more time than it's
>   worth. Especially when we have the Select + F4 option, which I like
>   much better. Let's face it, the only people for whom the sig-dash
>   standard makes sense are those who blindly quote the entire message.
>   And I'm not one of those, thank you. <g>

Yes, point taken. I feel similarly. This is of course not a matter of life and
death. Again, it's so simple to cut the signature off;-) It definitely takes less
time then cutting off the gibberish some people tend to put into the _bodies_ of
their messages;-)

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---