A Chara Oliver,

Wednesday, February 16, 2000, 8:09:17 AM, you wrote:

OS> Hello Allie,.....

AM>>         Funny I just attached a 30MB file using the attach file
AM>> toolbar button with no problem. Where exactly does the problem with
AM>> attaching using this method occur?...

OS> As I meant a file that has 8MB when already base64-encoded, I don't
OS> know why it shouldn't be.

OS> Best regards,
OS>  Oliver                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Just exactly why would anyone wish to email a 30MB file? I'm just
  curious that's all.

  Although I have been distributing files to people for years now, I have never
  had occasion to use an email client as a serious FTP replacement. It has
  got to be simpler just to upload your files via another method, surely?
  Unless of course you have nowhere to store your files online? That's what
  the File Transfer Protocol is for, surely?

  I make certain that if anyone emails me they keep their attachments below
  a meg. Anything larger than a meg in my mail goes to cyberbin.
  Anything larger than a meg and they have to provide a link or
  upload it directly to my FTP server incoming. Easier to do than send
  by email. Also, FTP servers are easy to set up, and can be set up on
  anyone's PC at work and at home. Takes the headache out of sending
  and receiving files ;-)

Slan, or even Nimm Sorge. Sprich zu dir spätere,

 Simon                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  The Bat! ver: 1.41 Beta 3

L’homme est bien insensé. Il ne saurait forger un ciron, et forge des Dieux à
douzaines!

(Man is quite insane. He cannot create a maggot, and he creates Gods by the dozen)

MONTAIGNE 1533-1592