Hi there!

On 14 Feb 00, at 11:54, Nick Andriash wrote
    about "Re: The Bat! - bug report":

> >     PMMail2000.
>
> I tried that Program a while back, and a few things I found I didn't like.
> For one, I just couldn't get PMMail to thread messages. It would group the
> messages of the same subject like Eudora does, but it wouldn't thread
> them. Secondly, I couldn't change the colour of quoted text. Thirdly, it
> has the poorest spell checker I've ever seen, and no additional
> dictionaries to complement the bastardised version they use. Fourthly....
> well, there was no fourthly... I gave up on it after that.

I would like to add that PMMail has the poorest miltilingual support I've ever
seen. The other MUAs available just tell you frankly: yes, I can do this or: no, I
can't do this. PMMail, contrary to that, _pretends_ to support the MIME
multilingual extensions as covered by RFCs 2045 and 2047, but actually sends
out trash and can't read properly formatted mail. I discovered this only 'coz I'm
in a habit of checking this part of functionality in full details.

> Perhaps I didn't give it long enough, but when I realised that it couldn't
> thread messages... or if it could, I certainly didn't find a way... I
> dumped it and found TB... and have been here ever since. :o)

Almost the same here: when I found it can't do what I need, I kicked it off. It
was installed on my machine for maybe a couple of hours...

BTW. I never was really sure whether the development of PMMail is going on
still or has been already stopped.

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---