Hello Simon,
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 02:35:17 +0000 GMT your local time,
which was Friday, March 10, 2000, 9:35:17 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Simon wrote:

> How-do-you-do,

> Douglas Hinds posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED] making the following comments:

DH>> Clue? You mean an anti-virus application?
DH>> I have at guard installed
DH>> but it's usually disabled. this happens when resources are low and the
DH>> screen redraws very slowly. Often shutting down TB! helps postpone my
DH>> rebooting a bit, if I delete the .tmp before reopening it.

> No, not exactly. The particular program I was thinking off suddenly
> sucks-out the last bit of memory when you are running it and causes the "no
> canvas handle" error. However, I think I can guess what your problem might
> be: at Guard! It is an absolute swine for chewing up resources and randomly
> hanging TB!, and Windows, and especially when actually connected to the
> Internet. It seems to cause random freezes, slow downs, and memory suck-out,
> before leaving you no alternative other than to reboot. I was running it for
> quite a while before I worked out what was causing my problems. TB!s quirks didn't
> help matters mind you, but as soon as I dumped at Guard, normality returned.

I never had problems with it but what do you run, 98 or 95 and what
processor / ram?
With 256 mb I unlikely would notice a minor misbehaviour...

> I use other stuff now. There is a choice: Lockdown2000, Signal9's PC
> Firewall, and ZoneAlarm.

Lockdown is junk I am sorry to say.
Zone alarm is free and not bad

Best regards,

tracer
--

Using theBAT 1.41 Beta/5 with Windows 98
mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]