Hello Dennis & all fellow TBUDL members,

Friday, March 10, 2000, 12:14:36 PM, Dennis wrote in response what he
thought was my saying something that Simon said:

DWG> Hello Douglas,

DWG> Thursday, March 09, 2000, you wrote:

S>>> I use other stuff now. There is a choice: Lockdown2000, Signal9's
S>>> PC Firewall, and ZoneAlarm. ZoneAlarm is free from

DWG> I use ZoneAlarm. It is good. The only thing I don't like about it
DWG> is that it does not keep an log of what it has done.

DWG> Just a few days ago ZoneAlarm alerted me to the fact that I had
DWG> the SubSeven 2.1gold trojan active in my system. If you want an
DWG> impressive test of ZA's ability try this. Install it then do a
DWG> web search (I used Copernic 2000 Pro) on "MSREXE.EXE". A search
DWG> on that seems to trigger many probes on high numbered ports.
DWG> Probes that I have been unable to trace the DNS.

DWG> ZA has also shown me that the ad supported software Steve Gibson
DWG> of Gibson Research Corporation alerted people too continues to
DWG> address my port 3000 even after it's software is removed. This
DWG> happens as many as 75 times in an hour.

S>>> Whilst I miss some of the features of at Guard (like ability to
S>>> block or change the user agent and email, etc), these apps are
S>>> much more reliable than atGuard. In fact, ZoneAlarm stealths more
S>>> ports (well all of them actually) than any of the firewalls that
S>>> I've tried out.

I have AtGuard installed and (now) enabled, with no additional,
noticeable memory problems so far.

When I have more disk space available I'll try some other things I
haven't room for now.

Can Atguard and ZoneAlarm run concurrently?

Douglas