Hello Douglas,

Thursday, March 09, 2000, you wrote:

S>> I use other stuff now. There is a choice: Lockdown2000, Signal9's
S>> PC Firewall, and ZoneAlarm. ZoneAlarm is free from

    I use ZoneAlarm. It is good. The only thing I don't like about it
    is that it does not keep an log of what it has done.

       Just a few days ago ZoneAlarm alerted me to the fact that I had
       the SubSeven 2.1gold trojan active in my system. If you want an
       impressive test of ZA's ability try this. Install it then do a
       web search (I used Copernic 2000 Pro) on "MSREXE.EXE". A search
       on that seems to trigger many probes on high numbered ports.
       Probes that I have been unable to trace the DNS.

       ZA has also shown me that the ad supported software Steve Gibson of
       Gibson Research Corporation alerted people too continues to
       address my port 3000 even after it's software is removed. This
       happens as many as 75 times in an hour.

S>> Whilst I miss some of the features of at Guard (like ability to
S>> block or change the user agent and email, etc), these apps are much
S>> more reliable than atGuard. In fact, ZoneAlarm stealths more ports
S>> (well all of them actually) than any of the firewalls that I've
S>> tried out.

Best regards,
 Dennis                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]