On Tuesday, June 7, 2011, 6:03:33 AM, Si wrote:

> but then it is clearly preferred by some, and not
> all. Anyhow, I was just after a solution to a problem that I face replying
> on other message lists where the flamin' list software appends list
> information to the end of the message but precedes it with a cut-line.

the  main  problem  would  be  for  people who receive a digest where
messages are merely listed together as they arrive. Assuming that the
first message in the list contained a cut-line, the remaining messages
would  all  shrink,  and  not  be  quotable since they were below the
first recognized cut line.

--
 Dwight A. Corrin
 316.303.9385  phone ahead to fax
 dcorrin at fastmail.fm
 photo galleries at http://dcorrin.smugmug.com
 photo blog at http://dcorrin.aminus3.com
                           http://photos.vfxy.com/photoblogs/5882
 Using IMAP with The Bat! 5.0.12.13 (BETA) on Windows Vista version 6,0
(Service Pack 2)