Hello

I have similar problem with IMAP folders, when I give too many commands in a
row, i.e. - Delete message from Inbox - Empty trash.

The problem seems to arise because the message is moved fast locally, but it
can take time to sync the move to the trash on the server. The empty trash
command is run instantly on the local base, and the message gets "lost" in
between. Maybe à missing / mixed-up reply from the server.

The solution I run is - Get the name of the local base file (right click
>Properties on the folder where the ghost message is) - Close the bat - Delete
the local file in explorer - Run the bat. It recreates the local file from the
server

This will erase all messages not synced on the server, for this precise folder.

Your problem is a bit different (old messages) but the solution will work. You
should connect to the webmail of your server to check that all messages you
want to keep are there.

Also you can copy all messages to a local folder. In my case, work on messages
other than the ghost message was not affected, hence they could be copied
elsewhere

Hope this helps

Nick