------ Original Message ------
From: "Achdut18" <achdu...@gmail.com>
To: tbudl@thebat.dutaint.com
Sent: 07/06/2016 06:42:51
Subject: Re: unable to send messages - actual information

A few hours ago I wrote that I would update to ver 7 and try again to send e-mail from my 1and1.com accounts.

Sadly, despite having upgraded to ver 7, I am STILL unable to send e-mail from my 1and1.com accounts. I will either have to abandon The Bat or find another e-mail host. The present situation is not tenable. One solution means a lot of downtime in altering settings and transferring files., or altering settings and losing web-based files. Neither one of the solutions is optimal. Preferably, the Bat developers and the administrators at 1and1.com would sit down together to figure out how to solve this problem. I have also opened up a ticket with The Bat support team on this issue.

--
Avi

Avram Sacks, using The Bat! Pro ver. 7.1.18 on Win 7 Pro

---
I am not sure if my last message got through but have been playing around with things

I found that ver 7 was the same. So I then uninstalled TB and ran a registry cleaner (Reg Seeker) to clear out all instances of The Bat.

On install it found the accounts but was faulting. I then changed the settings to:-

SMTP - Regular and port 587. Authentication - selected the first two items

POP - Regular and port 110. Authentication - Regular

I don't know if cleaning the registry was necessary but I now have it working again.

Hope this helps

David

---