Hi, everyone.

https://www.batboard.net/index.php/Thread/13294-TB-4-2-44-2-kann-pl%C3%B6tzlich-keine-Mails-mehr-versenden-1-1-gmx/

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/United-Internet-verschaerft-Spam-Bekaempfung-3225281.html
HF> (German)

If you recall, I initiated this thread last week when I was unable to send
messages from four of 24 accounts.  (Harald changed the subject line.)   Today,
I spoke with tech support at 1and1.com.   I also shared with them the links,
below.   After being on hold for over a half hour this is what I learned:

1.  On Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 1and1.com initiated SPF protocol.  You can Google
"SPF Protocol" to learn more about what SPF protocol is, but in general, it is
"is an anti-spam approach in which the Internet domain of an e-mail sender can
be authenticated for that sender, thereby discouraging spam mailers, who
routinely disguise the origin of their e-mail, a practice known as e-mail
spoofing. SPF and other anti-spoofing initiatives, such as Domain Keys, work by
making it easier for a mail server to determine when a message came from a
domain other than the one claimed."   See
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/Sender-Policy-Framework .

2.  Following numerous complaints from customers, 1and1.com, on Friday, June 3,
2016, rolled back their system to the setting in place prior to implementation
of SPF protocol.

3.  Notwithstanding the rollback, the tech support representative acknowledged
that a number of users, such as myself, are still unable to send e-mail.  She
also acknowledged that others who attempt to send e-mail to user accounts will
experience a bounce back, even if not all mail sent to a user account is
bounced back.  Indeed, that has been my experience: I have received several
reports of individuals not being able to send e-mail to my 1and1.com accounts,
even though some mail has been getting through to these accounts.

The tech support representative said that upper level administrators were
trying to determine how to correct this problem but did not have any answers at
this time.  She promised to get back to me within 24 to 48 hours.

So, it remains to be seen if there will be a fix.  In the meantime, later
reports on this thread suggest that upgrading to the latest version of The Bat
has solved the problem for some, so I will be trying that as well.   I have
also experienced some instability in the current version, which I will discuss
in a separate thread, which is another reason I intend to upgrade shortly.

--
Avi

Avram Sacks, using The Bat! Pro ver. 6.0.0.28 on Win 7 Pro