Adrian & Rick,

Adrian, your suggestion is I'm sure a good one in that it gets all your
personally owned data out of the clutches of MS. I don't have a partitioned
disk however and would rather not undertake such a project in light of my
almost flawless record of screwing thing up. I think it's sufficient to have the
address book files stored in %appdata% where it seems they should reside.

Rick,  fortunately I won't have to try any of the things you suggested since I
was able to resolve the problem by doing the things outlined in my previous
email to Adrian.

Thanks to you both for the help.

--
Regards,