Hello Adrian,

On Sunday, July 31, 2016 you wrote:

AG> Sunday, July 31, 2016, 5:03:24 PM, you wrote:

>> No amount of copying the
>> jackADDRBOOK.INI file to a couple of different locations and then loading
>> from those locations ever resulted in my regaining my complete address book.
>> Only when I loaded from the Program Files(x86) location would my addresses
>> come
>> back.

AG> Try  this.  Login with administrator rights and modify the permissions
AG> on  that  jackADDRBOOK.INI  file  so that your normal Windows user can
AG> write to it.

Actually Adrian what I finally ended up doing was to move all my ill-named files
from the %appdata%\roaming folder and from the Program Files (x86) folder to a
temporary desktop folder so TB! couldn't find them. Then I took the
jackADDRBOOK.INI file and renamed it to simply ADDRBOOK.INI, and then renamed
the jack.abd file to The Bat.abd and I was eventually able to get all my
addresses to appear with only the necessary files now located in the
%appdata%\roaming folder accessible to TB!.

The final proof of success was to remove the administrator privileges from the
shortcut used to start TB! and still be able to open/close both TB! and the
address book without the error message which started this thread.

The windows-version macros still don't work but that is merely an annoyance.

Once again, my profound thanks to all who contributed their knowledge.

--
Regards,
Jack LaRosa

Using TB! 6.0.12