Hello Sam,

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 you wrote:

SB> Saturday, July 30, 2016, 10:31:02 AM, Jack wrote:

JSL>> Curious, I did a search for my addressbook file. I found two that matched
(sort
JSL>> of) the file in question. One was C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\The
JSL>> Bat!\ADDRBOOK.INI and the other was C:\Program Files (x86)\The
JSL>> Bat!\jackADDRBOOK.INI. The most recent write to either file was the
latter,
JSL>> today, so I assume that's the working file. The last write to the former
was way
JSL>> back in Aug of 2015 so I don't think that's a valid file. I remember
trying to
JSL>> learn more about the address books some time ago and that file may have
been one
JSL>> I created in my learning quest. So much for cleaning up after yourself.

JSL>> As a test, just now I changed the name of the
JSL>> C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Roaming\The
JSL>> Bat!\ADDRBOOK.INI file and then opened the address book while in TB!,
made some
JSL>> changes and then closed the address book without any difficulty. So,
that, coupled
JSL>> with the ancient write date leads me to believe that that file is not
part of
JSL>> the working TB!

SB> So here's what I recommend, close TB!.
SB> Copy the ADDRBOOK.INI from its location in Program Files to the location in
AppData.
SB> Open TB!.
SB> Open the Address Book.
SB> In the Address Book window, select the File menu, then select Load Address
Book Set...
SB> Browse to the location of the ADDRBOOK.INI in the AppData location (the one
SB> that you just copied, so it should be up to date) and load that Address
Book.
SB> Hopefully now, TB! will continue to load that Address Book and you
SB> shouldn't have any problems with write permissions.

Well, I tried what you suggested, for quite a while to no avail. Some attempts
resulted in an address book containing a single address which was to The Bat!
Team. All my personal addresses were gone. No amount of copying the
jackADDRBOOK.INI file to a couple of different locations and then loading
from those locations ever resulted in my regaining my complete address book.
Only when I loaded from the Program Files(x86) location would my addresses come
back.

So, for the moment I'm giving up. I had already given the TB! shortcut
permission to run as an administrator which solved the original problem in the
first post.

It's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong (as is my wont) but I'll never
know without further experimentation, which scares the squat out of me.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your help.

--
Regards,
Jack