Hello Norman,
on 21:26 you wrote:

NL> It doesn't ask me where this mail is stored - it just lists three mail
NL> folders - inbox, sent mail, outbox   and I have to tick the ones I
NL> want. It then deposits the mail items - as I said it's only the ones
NL> you get with OE to start with - in my TB inbox. No error messages, no
NL> other folders allowed.
NL> I suspect there's some problem with OE rather than TB, because I can't import the
NL> folders of old, stored messages  into Eudora or Netscape Messenger
NL> either.

You may export your mail from OE 5 to an OE 4 struckter AFAIK this is
possible in OE 5 so you could try to import them as OE4 messages

using The BAT 1.45 Beta/6 on a pentium133 64MB under Windows NT

MFG / Best regards
Thomas Speer                      http://www.spuky.de

PS:
Did anyone see my lost carrier?