JA> Hello Joe,

JA> On  Thursday, July 27, 2000  at  19:50:05 GMT -0500 (which was 5:50 PM
JA> where I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

>> I still haven't figured out what the multiple windows are for, when I "reply" to a
>message,
>> this message, for example. I can't seem to place my cursor where I
>> want it, or to be able to delete irrelevant text, etc.

JA>  Are you referring to the split in the message editor?

Yes, at least I think so.  These multiple windows don't appear unless
I'm *replying* to a message though.   They ain't there when I create a
message, forward or redirect one.

JA> If you are,
JA> the top pane is a view of the original message, and the bottom one is
JA> your actual message.  I suppose this could be handy when you want to
JA> reply to a message without quoting any material.

Perhaps, but it is confusing (maybe I'll get used to it eventually?), plus it
wouldn't allow me to place the cursor where I wanted it.  Hmnnnn.

JA> I always quote the
JA> original message (or at least the relevant parts), so this feature is
JA> a bit useless in my view.  I leave it turned off (View -> Original Text).

BINGO!

Thanks, Januk!  That does the trick...I'm back to the single pane.

And I can now place the cursor anywhere, delete text, etc.

Either TB's interface isn't very intuitive...or I'm not.

On the plus side, I really like the way TB highlights the quoted text in
color too, a la Agent, etc. (and which is something Eudora lacks).

--
Joe Finocchiaro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>