On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:53:37 -0500, Joe Finocchiaro wrote:

C>>         Is that the free caret interface that you're referring to?

JF> I'm not sure what you mean there, Curtis.

JF> What exactly is a "free caret interface"?

        A demonstration is the best way of bringing the concept across.
;-) Create a new message. Now place the cursor in the message body area
and then click the cursor in the right lower extreme of the text area.
Note that the cursor sits there and you may now enter text. In fact you
may place the cursor anywhere and start typing. This you cannot do in a
a standard editor. In a standard editor, in order to get the cursor to
the bottom right corner, one would have to hit the return key until the
last line is reached and then space bar over to that point.

JF> And will it go well with Booker's bourbon?

        If what I wrote above doesn't clear things up then you'll need
the bourbon. :-)

JF> TP is a tricky little devil, eh?

        I've gotten so accustomed to it that I no longer notice. <g> In
all seriousness though, for the functionality that TB! packs, it's
remarkably user friendly. Of course there's room for improvement as is
with most other apps.

--
-=A.C. Martin=-       [ TB! v1.45 S/MIME | Win2k Pro ]
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey