Hi Steve,

On 09 August 2000 at 16:56:34 GMT -0700 (which was 00:56 where I
live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote and made these points on the subject
of "Two Format Questions":

>> Because  the way that the "paste" function has been written, it has
>> bypassed the normal text formatting functions ... a bug IMHO.

SL>    No, as it should be. TB! does not know what formatting you have
SL> applied to the text.

Of  course  it  does.  I've told it what formatting I want in advance.
OTOH  it  also knows in *your* case too. You've told it not to format.
It's  in  our  respective  default editor settings. I elect to have my
text auto formatted - you don't.

OTOH, if I want it to *not* format my pasted text I press a simple key
combo  (Ctrl-Shift-F)  and I get an unformatted paste. That's how it's
/supposed/  to  work.  If  you  or  I  paste  text  into  a formatting
environment it should be formatted to conform. That's simple logic. If
you or I paste text into a non-formatted environment it should be left
well  and truly alone. You have only got it right for one case. I have
it right for both cases.

Out of interest, why argue /for/ the persistence of a bug just because
it  doesn't affect you when its' cure won't affect you either? I can't
imagine why you feel a need to do that.

--
Cheers,
.\\arck

Marck D. Pearlstone, Consultant Software Engineer
Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA
www: http://www.silverstones.com
PGP key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY>