Hello Katsmeow,

On  Saturday, August 19, 2000  at  20:38:29 GMT -0500 (which was 6:38 PM
where I live) [EMAIL PROTECTED] typed:

> Hi

> I posted this the other day and got no replies so will try again with
> it somewhat reworded in case the query was not clear.

> I subscribe to a number of mailing lists such as this list where the
> default is for replies to messages to go to the list address.  On a
> couple of these lists, I never (or very rarely) want my reply to go
> the list. Instead, I want the replies to go only to the individual who
> posted the message. Is there any sort of macro I can place in my reply
> template so that the reply is automatically sent to the individual who
> posted the message and not to the list?

> If not (or also), is there any way to insert a quick template in the
> reply as you are writing it to achieve this same purpose?

 Marck D. Pearlstone replied to you on
 Fri, 18 Aug 2000  16:45:11  (Sat, 19 Aug 2000 00:45:11 +0100)

----Marck's Message Snippet----

Hmm.  I  use Ctrl-F4 to write to the author instead of the originating
list. Perhaps it is a matter of getting used to doing that. OTOH there
are  a number of variants of %REPLYADDR and %OREPLYADDR and %OFRAMADDR
that may do what you're looking for.

----End Marck's Message Snippet----

 So as Marck said, you can use Ctrl-F4 to do exactly what you want, or
 you can put the following lines into your template.

%TO=""%To="%OFROMADDR"

 The first %To="" will clear the list address from the To line, and
 the second one puts in the original senders address.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

 Using The Bat! 1.46 Beta/3