On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 15:10:14 +0200, Dierk Haasis wrote:

DH> Who are you? Joe in another guise? Since this is the second time
DH> some *newbie* seems to know everything (incl. basic rules for this
DH> list) better than Steve - with whom I not always agree - I have to
DH> write something about it; you (no, not you Steve) are beginning to
DH> get on my nerves!

Please desist from this sort of innuendo in relation to Starc. The last
thing we wish for a rehash of the argument. Nuh?

DH> And now one for the topic: I use news groups and I use mailing
DH> lists. On the whole I do like the mailing list approach as it
DH> usually helps to deflect trolls.

DH> BTW, there is no logical right/wrong answer to your suggestions.
DH> There may be an empirical one, so for my part you and Joe open your
DH> own TB! news group (better still make it a BBS) and leave us real
DH> users alone.

Starc only made a suggestion which admittedly lacked tact in certain
aspects and enough has been said about it so please stop this now. A
request was already made by Marck. The whole thing was borne of a
misunderstanding of tone and feelings got peeked. There's no need to
prolong this any further or invite Starc to start his own group.

--
-=A. Curtis Martin=-    Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA
Using TB! v1.46 Beta/3 «» Win2k Pro SP1