> How would you create a filter to do this?  I know how to create a
> filter to apply a colour group.  What I don't know is how you would
> define which messages would be assigned this colour group.  That is,
> what do you do to get TB to identify the messages that are replies
> to your messages?

Check the rest of the thread for a full explanation, we seem to have
it sussed.

If you only use one email address, it's quite simple.  Create an inbox
filter that looks for "\[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the kludges ie. it's in
the format "\d@<your email domain>" for every email address you have.
In the actions - tell it to set a certain colour format.  Under
options, tell it to continue processing other filters and to use
regular expressions.

This'll identify messages written by you as well - if you don't want
that, just add another rule that it shouldn't find your full email
address present in the "From" field.

This only works with replies from email clients that use in-reply-to
and/or reference headers (ie the ones that work with "thread by
reference") but most of them do anyway.

In threads, it highlights anything "under" one of your posts, eg. if
someone replies to you, then somebody else replies to *that* reply,
that message will also be marked.  I like it that way - it keeps track
not only of messages directly to you but also messages "caused" by
something you said.  Easiest way to understand is to try it.

--
Deryk Lister  ||  ICQ 25869912  ||  www.deryk.co.uk
"That's gonna take some SERIOUS software." -- Avery Brooks

PGP welcomed - you can get the key from my automated link:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=GetMyPGPKey
You may also get the keys from reputable keyservers.