Hi Gary,

On 22 September 2000 at 13:45:18 GMT -0400 (which was 18:45 where I
live) Gary Mort wrote and made these points on the subject
of "Filtering comment":

>> For instance, with Eudora I was able to filter messages so that a
>> couple of stalkers got an immediate bounce using Reply_with ( "Ms.
>> Spaink doesn't want to read your e-mail any more, HTH."), queue
>> that reply, have it send, and mark that original e-mail (so that I
>> could stil read it), and play a .wav file (so that I would know
>> that they were at it again).

GM> Since you can setup macro's in the bat to do such things as re-writing
GM> the  to  line,  it  may  be  more productive to instead just send such
GM> people  a  message  with a faked root@localhost address that says your
GM> address is not valid.

<g>  Yes  -  Leif  and I set one of these up a couple of years back to
bounce Spam.

Here's my version (geared for an MDaemon mail server)

- -----8<-------------------------------------------------------------
%otoaddr - no such user here.

Message was sent by %ofromaddr.

There is no user by that name at this server.

Original message follows:

%TEXT
%SUBJECT="Warning: %otoaddr - User unknown!"
- -----8<-------------------------------------------------------------

I  have  this  as  the  default  reply  in my Anti-Spam account, which
receives  the  fallout from my filters. of course, the account set the
correct   from   information.   All   the   template   needs   is  the
%FROM="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"   (does  that  need  a  %from=""  first?)  and
%RETURNPATH and %REPLYTO set to the same and it's a good one.

- --
Cheers,
.\\arck
[    Marck D. Pearlstone | Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA              ]
[ PGP Key ID: 0x929DCDA0 | www: http://www.silverstones.com      ]
[ PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY> ]

 Headline - Farmer Bill Dies in House
 TB! v1.46d S/N 14F4B4B2 on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A