On 23-09-2000 at 01:11, Januk Aggarwal kindly wrote:
> witnesses say Karin Spaink typed:

>>> Nope, the %From macro now deletes whatever was there in the first go.
>>> It never really made sense to have multiple entries in the From line.

>> In that case, what is the logic behind this? I just tried
>> the two variants with my TB folder reply template, and they
>> give different results.

> Well, you provided an example where multiple entries could make sense.
> In the TO line, I may want to put multiple addresses.  I'm sure you
> can think of examples where this is desirable (since not all of you
> mail is for setting up lunch dates). ;-)

Januk, can I invite you to lunch? ;-)
   Really. You've answered so many of my questions that I'd
gladly buy you a drink. Whenever you're in Amsterdam, make
sure to tell me.

> So by default, the To macro will only *add* to the existing TO line.

Ahh. I get it.

> But there are occasions where you want the recipient to be defined
> *only* by the template.  Then you use %To="" to clear the line, and
> %To="address" adds to an empty line.

Uh-uh, now that figures.

> The same logic applies to the %CC and %BCC macros as well.

Of course.

- K -

--

Inessential insanities get one in trouble with oneself.
Essential insanities get one in trouble with others. It's