> From: "Rev. Bob 'Bob' Crispen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Scripsis:
> Now that egroups.com has moved the ad that appears on all their "free"
> lists to the top of the message where it's even more annoying than it
> was before, has anybody worked out a way to filter that junk out of
> incoming text messages?

Hi Bob 'Bob',

as  you seem to be an egroups - subscriber anyway, you may wanna check
the following message
http://www.egroups.com/message/thebat-dt/1764?threaded=1
from the German BATlist.

The author, Dirk Heiser, solved (y)our very problem with a combination
of  filtering  and  using  his  own  small  prog  named cut.exe (free,
download link in the same above message).

Sorry  I  have  no  time  right  now  to  either  evaluate the prog or
translate  _that_ mail into English for you/us - first having to catch
up with all the traffic on this marvellous list here...

--

 Best,
 Marc

 v1.46c W95B PII266