On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:03:58 -0400, Jan Rifkinson wrote:

JR> Curtis thanks for your patient explanation but I must confess I'm
JR> still un-clear about the %ISSIGNATURE macro. Let me put it this way:

JR>          Here is one of my account "new message" templates.
JR>
JR> ||----------| Begin Template |----------||
JR>
JR> Hello %TOFNAME
JR>
JR>   %Cursor
JR>
JR> --
JR> Jan Reply to: %REPLYADDR
JR> %ISSIGNATURE
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This doesn't have to be here. It should be in your quick template
    signature that you wish to replace the above signature with.

JR> ||----------| End Template |----------||
JR>
JR>          Here is one of my Quick Templates
JR>
JR> ||----------| Begin Quick Template |----------||
JR>
JR> -- <- you should remove the signature delimiter in this quick
JR>       template
JR> Jan Rifkinson
JR> President, Bogart's Daddy, Inc.
JR> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JR> Tel 203.431.1691
JR> ICQ 41116329
    %ISSIGNATURE <should be here instead>

JR> ||----------| End Quick Template |----------||
JR>

JR> Could you use these templates to illustrate how one interacts with
JR> the other?

If you create a message with the first of the two templates, in the
editor window, apply the quick template by typing <qt
handle><CTRL><BackSpace>. The %ISSIGNATURE macro deletes the first
signature and replaces it with the quick template. If you do not remove
the signature delimiter as I illustrated above, two signature delimiters
will appear after you apply the quick template.

JR> I assume my new msg template would come up when I write a new msg
JR> from my account [rather than a folder] which might have it's own
JR> templates. If the above is a correct understanding then where would
JR> I place my cursor to insert the Quick Template example that I've
JR> provided.

*anywhere* in the message body composition window. :-)

JR> Thanks for your continued patience in explaining this issue.

It's my pleasure Jan. :-)

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "Plasma is another matter. "
Using TB! v1.46d «» Win2k Pro SP1