On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 19:01:00 -0400, Jan Rifkinson wrote:

JR>>> --
JR>>> Jan Reply to: %REPLYADDR
JR>>> %ISSIGNATURE
>>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Mistake! Your template is *not* a signature ... it
>>     contains one. The last two lines be replaced with one which says
>>     %QINCLUDE="JANSIG"

JR> I'm sitll un-clear about the %ISSIGNATURE macro. Where did you *find*
JR> the command "%QINCLUDE"? I couldn't find this anywhere....

Yes, it's not listed with the other macros via the template editor
menus.

What %QINCLUDE does is to place the contents of a quick template in
another template.

My TBUDL signature is a quick template with the handle name 'tbudl'

The introductory line to this message to you was also created with a quick
template with handle name 'intro'.

The text that's quoted from your message was done using another quick
template who's handle name is 'quote'.

Now look at my reply template for this list:

- ---------start template------

%QINCLUDE="intro"
%CURSOR%QUOTESTYLE="I"%QINCLUDE="quote"

- --
%QINCLUDE="tbudl"
%SINGLERE
%TO=""%TO="%OFROMNAME on TB!UDL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

- --------reply template-------

You see? I can insert quick templates with the use of the %QINCLUDE
macro. If I didn't have the QINCLUDE macro to use, this is how my reply
template would appear.

- -------start template-------
On%SETPATTREGEXP="(?m-s)Date\:\s*?((.*?[\d]{4})\s*?([\d]{0,2}\:[\d]{0,2}\:[\d]{0,2})\s*?(.*))"%REGEXPMATCH="%HEADERS",
 %OFROMNAME wrote:
%CURSOR%QUOTESTYLE="I"%REGEXPQUOTES="(?s)(.*?)(^(-\s)?--(\s)?\n|^(-\s)?---(\s)?\n|\Z)"

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "%COOKIE="F:\Program Files\The Bat!\Cookies\cookie.txt" "
Using TB! v%THEBATVERSION «» Win2k Pro SP1

%REPLYTO="A. Curtis Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
%FROM="A. Curtis Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
%SIGNCOMPLETE
- -------end template-----------

See how much more complicated and tedious it would be. Also if I use a
quick template in several locations with the %QINCLUDE macro, editing
the quick template will reflect in all templates I use it.

Have I confused you even more?

>> I have had to assume above that you have given your QT a handle of
>> "JANSIG".

JR>>> ||----------| Begin Quick Template |----------||
JR>>> --
JR>>> Jan Rifkinson
JR>>> President, Bogart's Daddy, Inc.
JR>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JR>>> Tel 203.431.1691
JR>>> ICQ 41116329  %ISSIGNATURE
>>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^ Here is where this belongs
JR>>>
JR>>> ||----------| End Quick Template |----------||

JR> OK, so I've now done this. Now what? Again I must ask where I would
JR> place my cursor to substitute one signature for the other.

Create a new message. Now, place the cursor in the message body area,
anywhere but not adjacent to any other characters and type the handle
name for your signature template above followed by <CTRL><SPaceBar). The
signature in the message should now be changed to the quick template
one.

JR> What is supposed to happen?

The old signature disappears and the new one takes it's place.

JR>  Everywhere I tried to insert a Quick Template
JR> signature, the original signature ahead of the %ISSIGNATURE was not
JR> replaced, meaning that I then had both signatures in view.

That's because you did not have the %ISSIGNATURE macro in the quick
template signature.

- --
A. Curtis Martin..
Moderator TBUDL/TBBETA  |  PGP Key ID: 0xEE079937
PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendAlliePGPKey
- ---
** "(A)bort (R)etry (F)ail (U)nplug & (S)ell. "
Using TB! v1.46d «» Win2k Pro SP1