     plight.  This  is a longish post as I've tried to compile all
     your  comments  &  my responses into one post as I thought it
     would be more efficient.

     Included in your email stamped Monday, September 25, 2000, 12:36 PM re: Digest
(09/25/2000 23:35) Special Issue (#2000-342)
     you wrote:

From: "Marck D. Pearlstone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

TBUDL> [...] TB is capable of removing folders, but only with instruction
TBUDL> and confirmation. You actually have to delete the folder in TB and say
TBUDL> "Yes" to the confirmation box that comes up.

KS>> Jan, are _all_ of them gone?

TBUDL> If /any/ are gone then either you told TB to remove them (somehow) or
TBUDL> an external influence has removed the folders. Your mail has gone
TBUDL> because the folders have gone/been moved at an OS level. Use Windows
TBUDL> Explorer and the Windows "Find Files" functions to locate the missing
TBUDL> folders / *.tbb files. Check the system recycle bin - the missing
TBUDL> folders could be there. [...]

     Jan's response:

     Mark,  as  a Bat expert you are undoubtedly right but I don't
     know what I did to get the effects you describe, i.e. asked &
     confirmed  because  all  I did was left click on the folder &
     the  "#"  changed from whatever it was to "0". Maybe it was a
     strange  setting  of some kind but I must say that I couldn't
     tell  you  what  it might have been. There was nothing in the
     system recycle bin either.

From: Tony Boom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Every  time  I  click on a folder all the files in it
> disappear.

> Last time this sort of thing happened to me, I had two thebat.exe
> files  on my system and I was using the wrong one.

     Jan's response:

     Hmmmmm.  This  could  be  something.  When  I  looked  at the
     directory  structure  in  Explorer,  I noticed a very strange
     situation:  The  trash folder had a subset [ nested ] folders
     made  up of all the InBox folders that I had created. Is this
     what you mean? I had only one TheBat.exe file on the machine,
     however.

From: Karin Spaink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> [...] you may need to take
> look at your registry, and see whether TB's entries point at
> the correct directories. Ming-Li's recent contributions
> about "Dual boot" might be helpful.

     Jan's response:

     Karin,  as  a  rule I don't like messing with Win'98 registry
     but I will look @ Mink-Li's "Dual boot" posts for guidance.

     I've  learned  the hard way evaluating a lot of software -- I
     prefer  supporting  shareware  authors than large corps -- to
     back  up where possible. In this case I set The Bat! *not* to
     delete  msgs from the server so I didn't lose anything except
     time.

     In the meantime, it was all getting a little too weird for me
     so I deleted the The Bat! Directory & all it's contents. Then
     I  re-installed.  Didn't  re-start  the  system  in  between,
     however.  The  only  strange  thing  I  observe with this new
     installation is that *all* templates are now gone -- standard
     &  quick.  Now  that I understand the templates in principal,
     I'm just rebuilding as I go.

From: "Marck D. Pearlstone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> You might start by checking that the current root folder for TB is
> pointing to the correct location. What OS are you using? Could this
> be a permissions thing?

     Jan's response:

     Marck, I'm not sure I know what you mean by this so if you
     can give me specific instructions, I'll do it.

From: Diana Calder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> [...] did you by any chance
> install version 1.46d of The Bat! over top of a previous version
> installation?

     Jan's response:

     no.

     One  separate  comment:  it  might  be beneficial to users to
     provide a way for Windows to remove TheBat! in an orderly way
     or  to  provide  your  own  un-install  program  in case it's
     needed.

     Again, Thanks all.

                       --
Jan Rifkinson