Hi Jan,

On 25 September 2000 at 14:35:07 GMT -0400 (which was 19:35 where I
live) Jan Rifkinson wrote and made these points on the subject
of ""HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":

TBUDL>> If  /any/  are  gone  then  either  you told TB to remove them
TBUDL>> (somehow)  or  an  external influence has removed the folders.
TBUDL>> Your mail has gone because the folders have gone/been moved at
TBUDL>> an OS level. Use Windows Explorer and the Windows "Find Files"
TBUDL>> functions  to  locate the missing folders / *.tbb files. Check
TBUDL>> the  system  recycle bin - the missing folders could be there.
TBUDL>> [...]

JR>      Jan's response:

JR>      Mark,  as  a Bat expert you are undoubtedly right but I don't
JR>      know what I did to get the effects you describe, i.e. asked &
JR>      confirmed  because  all  I did was left click on the folder &
JR>      the  "#"  changed from whatever it was to "0".

That  is  what  would happen *after* the Windows disk folders had been
lost/misplaced/deleted/emptied/moved/mangled/subverted.  This  is  not
the cause, it's a symptom of another problem.

JR> There was nothing in the system recycle bin either.

That  means  either TB has lost track of where the data resides or the
data has been moved or the data has been deleted.

JR>      In the meantime, it was all getting a little too weird for me
JR>      so I deleted the The Bat! Directory & all it's contents. Then
JR>      I  re-installed.  Didn't  re-start  the  system  in  between,
JR>      however.  The  only  strange  thing  I  observe with this new
JR>      installation is that *all* templates are now gone -- standard
JR>      &  quick.  Now  that I understand the templates in principal,
JR>      I'm just rebuilding as I go.

That  makes all of this discussion academic. I'm not quite clear as to
why  a fresh installation would be devoid of templates though. I shall
take your word for it <g>

>> You  might start by checking that the current root folder for TB is
>> pointing to the correct location. What OS are you using? Could this
>> be a permissions thing?

JR>      Marck, I'm not sure I know what you mean by this so if you
JR>      can give me specific instructions, I'll do it.

There's no point in this now that you have re-installed TB.

- --
Cheers,
.\\arck
[    Marck D. Pearlstone | Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA              ]
[ PGP Key ID: 0x929DCDA0 | www: http://www.silverstones.com      ]
[ PGP Key: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Body=GET%20MARCKKEY> ]

 Anything free is worth what you pay for it
 TB! v1.46d S/N 14F4B4B2 on Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A