The bat of happiness fluttered its wings and whispered to me that
Wolfgang Kynast said on Tuesday, September 26, 2000:

TF>> Never thought of that. This means that "thebat.exe" (the full
TF>> installation) and "thebat.exe" (the actual program, the executable,
TF>> The Bat!, the application, ...) should have different names.

TF>> I certainly agree with this. For example, "thebat.exe" could be called
TF>> "batinst.exe", whereas "thebat.exe" could keep the name "thebat.exe".

> That's why I always put the version in the file name when I
> download a new version.

The icon on the install program (the little postage stamp with the
bat, same as the executable) doesn't help either.

Since there isn't a 16-bit Windows version and you don't have to worry
about 8.3 filenames, why not call it TheBat_Setup.exe?

I stick it in an Install directory in TheBat!'s tree (along with my
registration page) whenever I get it, but I could see where somebody
much less perspicacious than I might put the wrong file in the wrong
place some day.  Of course, that could *never* happen to me.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

Hard work has a future payoff.  Laziness pays off now.