Hi BatListers,

          In a post timestamped 14:21:21 +0100 re: custom quotes & search criteria
          Marck D. Pearlstone wrote:

JR>>      Is there a way to customize the quotes on a folder instead of
JR>>      globally?  I  ask  because  when  answering  individual msgs,
JR>>      customizing  to initials or names is great but when answering
JR>>      a digest, it makes less sense.

Marck> Yes  -  you can use the %QUOTESTYLE= macro in the reply template to do
Marck> this.

JR>>      Along the same lines - digest format vs. individual msgs - is
JR>>      it possible to search & quote on specific text? An example of
JR>>      this  would  be  pulling  out the name text after "from" in a
JR>>      digest to insert in a reply quick macro.

Marck> With  regular  expressions,  yes.  This would mean a small programming
Marck> feat however.

          Jan responds: Thanks for this help. I played around with
          the  %QUOTESTYLE= macro. I used the "=TEXT" variable but
          the  best I could produce was an accurate quote style on
          the first line of the quoted text. The rest of the quote
          style was based on the global choice.

          As  for  pulling the name text after "from" in a digest,
          would  this  process not become easier within a selected
          portion  of text, i.e. text in the clipboard which would
          generally  include  only  one  name?  If this is so, how
          would I apply a regular expression to selected text?

Regards,
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Reply to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]