Hallo Jan,

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:58:11 -0400 GMT (28/09/2000, 00:58 +0800 GMT),
Jan Rifkinson wrote:

[analysis snipped]

Your analysis is correct.

JR>           Why do you put dbl quotes ["] around the entire %Quotestyle
JR>           statement?

Because that's required (syntax).

BTW this RegEx is not my brain child alone, but many people on this
list helped me with it some time ago.

Thomas>> In your case it is the same as %OFName, but in my company, it isn't.
Thomas>> Point I'm making: you can use RegEx in %Quotestyle, and it still
Thomas>> works. :-)

JR>           Jan  responds:  Thanks  Thomas.  I  find this especially
JR>           interesting as I am trying to figure out how to select a
JR>           from  "name"  from  selected  text  in  a  digest  & I'm
JR>           wondering  if some expanded variation of the above macro
JR>           can be used for this purpose.

You have to figure out what the text has in common all the time (hence
the term "regular expression"). Then try. It's fun.

JR>           BTW,  I  figured  out  what  I  was doing wrong with the
JR>           %QUOTESTYLE=  &  I  thank  you for that also. Although I
JR>           reviewed  the macro list from TB!Help before asking this
JR>           questions of the list, I couldn't figure it out. I'm not
JR>           a programmer; maybe that's a part of my problem.

If you're not a programmer, RegEx is very difficult. Being a
mathematician helps, though. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366Mhz, 128MB RAM