Hello Jan Rifkinson,

Responding  to  your  article  on  Mon, 9 Oct 2000 at 20:02:30 GMT -0400
(which was 10/10/2000 7:02 GMT +0700 my Local Time) :

Mark>> Try  http://www.interguru.com/  convert your OE address book
Mark>> to  LDIF which TB! can import without editing fields. If you
Mark>> have a copy of Netscape you can import from OE and export to
Mark>> LDIF with similar results.

JR>           Mark,  I appreciate your response but I'm still left w a
JR>           couple of questions. At the interguru site I didn't find
JR>           an  LDIF  converter.  I have a copy of Netscape 4.08 (?)
JR>           but being an IE person, I couldn't find a way to convert
JR>           my OE address book to the LDIF format.

JR>           Can  you  lead me through the Netscape alternative? Many
JR>           thanks.

Do as follow:
-  from  OE,  export to CSV format (go to Address Book, select all, then
   export to others address book, choose Comma Separate by Value, choose
   fields you want to convert).
-  From  Netscape  Messanger, Import address book from CSV format, then
   export to LDIF format.
-  From TB! address book import LDIF format.

That's  the  way  I did here when helping some friend to convert his OE5
address book to TB! (he just send me his address book in CSV file, and I
send him back in *.abd file).

- Syafril -

Name  : Syafril Hermansyah          |Company: Duta Integrasi Pratama
Mailto: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     |Voice  : (62) (21) 385-1600
FAXto : (62)(21)351-9241 key:000FAX |URL    : <http://www.dutaint.co.id>

Using The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7
under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1

Created : Tuesday, October 10, 2000, 9:38:13 GMT +0700