On Friday, October 20, 2000, 2:15:38 PM, Jan wrote:

> But  I guess what I'm having some difficulty with is the  order of
> the filters if each is set up as an independent  filter.  Maybe if
> you gave me an example of how one might  use  cascading filters,
> i.e.  go  thru filter #1, then  "continue  processing" to filter
> #2, that would help.

Have you tried the FAQ at
<http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/faq.html>? Under the "How do I?"
section there's a detailed instruction about filters.

>           I'm  trying  to  figure  out  how msgs, addressed to me,
>           which  have not been filtered for anything are ending up
>           in the trash.

The easiest way to debug this is to take those message back from
trash and put them into a test folder (which contains nothing but
those messages), and re-filter the folder.

How many junk mail filters do you have (how many of your filters
would send messages to trash)? How are they positioned? If you have
only one such filter, it's certain that you've misconstructed the
conditions. If you have more than one, you may have to test it one
by one. By unchecking the "Active" option, you can disable a filter
temporarily. Or you may check the "manual only" option ("Active" has
to be checked, too) of a filter, then when re-filtering a folder,
check the "Manual filters only" option (alongside the rule groups
you want to apply) you may apply only that filter. For details,
please read the FAQ.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/7 | Win2k SP1