At 6:53:28 PM on Wednesday, November 08, 2000, Januk wrote:

>> Are you saying I should get the account to access a
>> different IMAP server and see how that goes? I'll try.

JA> Yes, that would be a good idea.  At least you could rule out the
JA> possibility that your local message bases are being corrupted.

JA> That's why I suspect your IMAP server might be partly to blame.  Try
JA> out your idea above, and please let us know.

JA> Well if we can figure out that your IMAP server is storing the
JA> messages in some weird way, perhaps this discussion can help the
JA> RITLabs guys figure out a way of making TB compatible.  Although with
JA> the list of wishes and promises made for version 2, don't hold your
JA> breath just yet.

You are right, it's the IMAP server doing something weird. This is
mailandnews.com, so I imagine quite a few people might be affected, but maybe
the problem is only really manifested when people try to use the Bat! to
download mail.

I changed the account so that it downloaded from my primary IMAP server, sent
the same message to that server from a unix shell, and it came through perfectly
fine, i.e. without the two-char truncation.

Strange....

--
Kiyan Azarbar
M.A. Linguistics,