Hi Jane-Marie,

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:39:28 -0500GMT (28/11/2000, 13:39 +0800GMT),
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

nnn> So I uncheck Active and checked "Manual only"

As you found out, unchecking Active incapcitates the filter - makes it
"not there". You use this if you want a filter not applied but do not
want to remove it in case you will it again later.

nnn> I have now checked both Active and Manual Only. But I have to see if
nnn> the READ messages goes to Archive folder without doing a manual
nnn> re-filter which is something I don't want to happen.

It shouldn't happen. The tick on Manual means that this filter is only
applied when you hit Folder / Re-filter.

nnn> I believe my cursor is in the message header pane of the TBUDL folder.
nnn> Does that count?

Try putting it into the folder name in the folder list, not the
message pane header. See if it works better.

Does your TBUDL folder have more than 4 messages? If so, the filter
had earlier been applied to another folder, one that has only 4
messages.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.47 Halloween Edition
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.