Dear Douglas,

Going back 01:10 04.12.2000. when you uttered the following thoughts:

> gmx also?

GMX Global Message Exchange AG, eine 100% Tochter der cubenet AG, is
not an ISP Internet Service provider. Thanks.

I couldn't find a limit on their mail server yet.

While we're at it GMX lists these providers that are known to FILTER
port 25, meaning you *cannot* use external SMTP servers:

CityWeb (cww.de / cityweb.de)
GermanyNet (germany.net, germanynet.de)
Primus-Online (msn.de), vormals Metronet (metronet.de)
diverse Universitäten und Hochschulen (some Universitys and FHs)

> OK. The horse rides on. What follows is an "Examination of Spam & the
> Spammer":

[explanation of spam]

> Best regards,
> Douglas Hinds

Cheers,
 Johannes                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
The trouble with being punctual is that people think you have nothing
more important to do.