MDP> ...  erm, how about the "Show automatically" setting? Mine never tells
MDP> me "0 new messages". Also, you don't have to dock it to be full width.
MDP> Mine  lives  somewhere  near the bottom right of my screen and gets in
MDP> the way of next to nothing.

Why don't you just look at the yahoo ticker to see what I mean. OF
COURSE there are ways to avoid the problem such as using "show
automatically" or not to dock. But both are just way-around solutions
if you'd (or me in that case) like to use one of these features
mentioned before.

Fact is that TB offers "show always" and docking, and for that it
could implement those two better -- like they are when you look how
they implemented in other products.

I am not trying to make the TB ticker look entirely bad; I am just
trying to give some thoughts on how to make it better and to make ALL
of its features practically useful.

But if no one else thinks that this is important then I will simply
not use the ticker and keep my mouth shut.

Alex