Hi Darvan,

On 02 February 2001 at  10:05:58 -0500 (which was 15:05 where I  live)
Darvan Shovas wrote and made these points:

<moderator>
Please trim when replying. You quoted Gerry's message in its entirety
*including* his PGP signature. That is against the rules of this list.
</moderator>

... and now the topic:

DS> If it's really true there working all out on the TB! for windows,
DS> I'm disappointed.

Well, try not to be. We have been waiting for v2 to come out for over
a year now and RIT labs only have two programmers. This is a *clear*
priority.

DS> They have an absolutely massive market and wide open
DS> foot-in-the-door, with linux. The email client situation, as it
DS> is, lends to a great opportunity for Ritlabs.

This may be the case, but Gerry makes a very good point about the
availability of third party components. I don't think that the guys
at RIT will be in a position to put together a Linux preview version
for around 6 months, given that v2 is under way and needs completing,
beta testing and releasing before they can even start the job.

DS> ... Now, that Kylix is out, you can be sure there will be an
DS> in-rush of email clients and Ritlabs may very well lose the
DS> market.

This is a fair point, but OTOH, pedigree shows. Max and Stefan wrote
TB out of their familiarity with Fido and from years of work. There is
a wealth of functionality in TB that *isn't* GUI bound and will port
much more easily than a competitor can match in a new MUA.

DS> I sincerely hope Ritlab's reads these lists and I hope we can hear
DS> any official word from them.

They read the lists from time to time but rarely reply due to the
pressure of work. I don't like to distract them from that to answer
points of simple curiosity. I trust them to make announcements at
their convenience.

- --
Cheers -- .\\arck D. Pearlstone -- Moderator TBUDL / TBBETA / TBTECH
[ PGP Key ID: 0x929DCDA0 | www: http://www.silverstones.com      ]
[    Any opinions are my own and not those of RIT labs           ]

TB! v1.49e S/N 14F4B4B2 on Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 1