Hello Mike,

Historians believe that Thursday, August 30, 2001 at 11:55 GMT -0400
was when, Mike Whalen [MW] typed the following:

>> JW> 1. Possibility to run compression and defragmentation eg.
>> JW> every 7 days... automatically - some kind of schedule... or
>> JW> running it from command line.

MW> Perhaps this has already been mentioned -- maybe it's already in there and I
MW> haven't seen it -- but I would LOVE a backup scheduler.

They don't even need to include a full scheduler, just a command line
parameter which could automate and activate the backup feature.  Then
you could use the Windows Task Scheduler or some such program.

There is an alternate option.  In the days before TB had an internal
backup mechanism, I had written a series of batch files to backup all
settings and messages.  Tony Boom polished them very nicely into very
usable scripts.  If you're interested, it might be possible to
convince him to repost his versions.  You can see a good thread on
this issue in the TBBETA archives (I hope) from July 26-27.
The subject was: "Backup and Restore of mail folders -- messages"

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal

Using The Bat! 1.54 Beta/7 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A

I've determined the momentum of my physics assignment so precisely
that it can be anywhere in the universe right now.