Hello Dierk,

On Thursday, October 04, 2001 18:07:22 [ +0200 GMT], you
wrote the following in regards to 'TB! V1.54 Beta/9 - cable
modem':

Dierk> The concept behind two accounts is to set every account separately.
Dierk> that's about all there is. think of it as using different programmes
Dierk> for different dial-ups (or whatever connection there is).

  OK, what you are saying is that the DUN transport settings
  are as though I were just using a DUN, i.e. POP3 & SMTP
  server settings, ID & PW.

  However, when I do this, it seems that the DUN d/ls ok but
  does not upload via the cable, only the dial up line when
  it's connected. The msg sits in the OutBox.

Dierk> Following your questions and the answers I think the problem lies
Dierk> either in one specific setting in your Transport tab or something on
Dierk> your ISP's side.

  I know my ISP does not allow relaying. That I've figured
  out by reading TB's connection log.

  So I left my DUN settings exactly as above *except* I
  changed the SMTP setting to reflect the cable modem SMTP
  setting. The I sent 2 test msgs to TBUDL (with apologies
  to the list). They went out, showed up in the sent folder
  but were slow to upload & I get an error beep (could be
  because there was nothing to rcv).

Dierk> To sort it out, we have to do it step by step:

Dierk> 1. You can send and receive through DUN, I suppose? So there,
Dierk> everything is alright.

Dierk> 2. You can do one but not the other on cable. Which one does *not*
Dierk> function?

  The DUN send (I think)

Dierk> 3. AFAIUI, cable is more comparable to LAN than to DUN. So you may
Dierk> have to change something under Options/Network & Administration

  I've changed this from
  'workstation w TCP/IP' --> 'TCP/IP or dial out server'
  And that's how I'm going to send out this msg.

Dierk> 4. Put both - POP and SMTP servers - in the appropriate fields in the
Dierk> Transport tab for *both* accounts. Also put in the correct e-mail
Dierk> addresses under To and Reply-to (this depends on your ISP's policies
Dierk> for "relaying").

  Done

Dierk> 5. So far, so good. Now you should be able to send and receive with
Dierk> both accounts.

Dierk> 5a. For mailing lists - which depend on your correct e-mail address -
Dierk> you will have to make do with your slow DUN, hope that you can use the
Dierk> subscription address with the other ISP or re-subscribe.

  This is what I'm trying to get around. If by changing the
  DUN settings to include the cable modem SMTP I don't see
  why I shouldn't be able to leave all the addresses as they
  were with the original subscriptions. The cable side
  doesn't seem to have a 'relay' problem.

Dierk> As you can see, I don't have the ultimate solution for you, but
Dierk> perhaps we can all together find one by using the analytic method.

  I appreciate you the fact that you are trying to figure
  this out with me. Two heads are surely better than one old
  one.

  So I'm sending this msg with the original subscription
  settings, written in the DUN account & sending out via the
  cable smtp server with the option/network change mentioned
  above. Let's see what happens.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA