Hi Roberto,

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:49:30 -0800GMT (13/12/2001, 10:49 +0800GMT),
Roberto Machorro wrote:

RM> You mean that there is a TB running natively under Linux as we read
RM> this e-mail? (beta or whatever)

Not quite yet. TB is being recoded from Delphi 2 to Delphi 6,
module-by-module (that is part of the current beta series). Once this
is completed, it can be compiled for Linux.

RP>>> Newsreader: "We still have not decided on what it will look like -
RP>>> as a plug-in or as a built-in function..."

MDP>> I have no idea what is happening with that.

RM> I *really* hope it doesn't happen.

It is happening. Stefan announced a short while ago he was writing on
the newsreader. The way I understand it, it will be a plug-in, though.
You don't need to load it if you don't want to use it. I for my part
will. ;-)

FWIW I was initially against a TB-newsreader, too. However, I read
very little news, and I used to have a unix shell account with my ISP.
My newsreader was tin. For security reasons, they have now
discontinued shell access. I had the choice of a number of recommended
newsreaders, but I would rather read my few newsgroups in TB.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Moderator der deutschen The Bat! Beginner Liste. Anmeldung unter:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.53t
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.