@ 14:42:14 +0800 [ Sat, 22 Dec 2001], Thomas F [TF] wrote these words
of wisdom:
TF> I wonder when they will finalise the Backup functionality. I am
TF> not using nor recommending it, because my old batch file is fast
TF> and backs up everything. Backup should be able to backup
TF> everything, shouldn't it?

If you're restoring to the same system, fine, and your way is the way
I use as well since I can automate it.

However, I needed to move TB! from my desktop to my new laptop. On the
desktop TB! was installed on Drive L: and most of the account files
were on Drive M:.

I needed to move my installation to my laptop which has only one
partition, Drive C:. :-) Using one of my backups would be possible but
a hassle. I just did a TB! backup, installed TB! on my new machine and
did a restore. TB!'s restore just placed the account files in the
default locations when the former locations weren't available.

The only settings lost were those in the preferences dialog
which I sorted out in less than a minute. I do agree that this part
should be backed up but it certainly wouldn't make me not recommend
using it. I've used it twice with great results, it's fast, and your
backup will work, easily, where ever you choose to restore it.

--
     |  TB! v1.54 Beta/18 & WinXP Home
PGPKey - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=PGPPubKey1
¯¯