Hello Roman,

On Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:21:14 +0100 GMT (22/12/2001, 21:21 +0800 GMT),
Roman Katzer wrote:

>> my old batch file is fast and backs up everything.

RK> Could you post the file here, please?

This file was written by Januk Aggarwal, who kindly posted it to this
list some time ago:

QUOTE

@echo off
cls
echo Welcome to your The Bat! Registry Backup program.
echo.
echo  _______________________________________________
echo *                                               *
echo *    1. Back up my registry NOW!!               *
echo *    2. Don't you dare!  Get me outta here!     *
echo *                                               *
echo *_______________________________________________*
echo.
choice /c:12
if errorlevel 2 goto end
if errorlevel 1 goto begin

:begin
echo.
echo Good choice noble user, I'm just checking for previous
echo backup attempts.
echo.
echo.
if not exist TBbckup2.reg goto continue
echo Your previous backup is being stored in TBbckup2.reg
echo.
if exist TBbckup1.reg del TBbckup2.reg

:continue
if exist TBbckup1.reg rename TBbckup1.reg TBbckup2.reg
start /w regedit /e TBbckup1.reg "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT\The Bat!"
echo.
if not exist TBbckup1.reg echo Error!  Something went wrong.  Backup not successful.
if exist TBbckup1.reg echo Success! Your registry entries for The Bat! are backed up!
echo.

:end
echo.
echo Thank you for using this backup utility.
echo.

UNQUOTE

Put this text into a batch file, which on my computer is called
"januk.bat". It is located in my The Bat! directory. I run this file,
and the reg key will be in my TB directory as well. Then I zip the
whole directory into my backup drive. :-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

How can I miss you if you won't go away?

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.54/10
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM