Saturday, January 12, 2002, 3:28:17 PM, Rick Reumann wrote:

> The only thing I've found that Pegasus was able to do that I wish
>     The Bat could do is I liked being able to right click on a message
>     and actually edit the subject. I know there was some discussion
>     here about the problems with that, but I found it useful. So for
>     fellow Batters what's the best way to get around this situation in
>     which I often used that feature
---

I asked the same question, having moved from Outlook (which also lets
you modify the subject). Peter Palmreuther told me about the memo
field, which has no equivalent in Outlook. Now I know about this
field, I don't know how I did without it in other mailers.

You can access the memo field by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I. Type in the
memo text then save with Ctrl+S. Now close the memo box by pressing
Ctrl+Shift+I.

If you add the memo field column in your message list, you can see
both the original subject and your memo.

That said, if you still want to edit the subject line, you can move
the message to your Outbox, edit the message (including the subject),
save the message, then move it back to its original folder.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK