Hello Mary,

MC> Any more ideas before I give up and go back to Netscape? :-)

Before you jump back, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Set to store the attachments in a separate folder and see what
happens.

If that doesn't help,

2. Double-check your settings for SMTP server name in Netscape and in
TB! -- make sure they're identical.

Netscape:
Edit, Preferences..., Mail & Newsgroups, Mail Servers, Outgoing mail
(SMTP) server: <-- note the name

Don't change them, but take a look:
Is "Outgoing mail server user name:" a blank?
Is "User Secure Socket Layer(SSL) or TLS for outgoing messages" set to
"Never"?

Then, back in TB!:
Account, Properties..., Transport, SMTP Server <-- this should be the
same as the Netscape SMTP server name

Press the Authentication... button in this windows. Both checkboxes
"Peform SMTP Authentication" and "Use 'POP before SMTP'
authentication" should be UNchecked.

HTH.

regards, Andy

[Using The Bat! 1.53t under Windows 2000 Pro SP2]