Andrew Aronoff wrote:

> Hello Mary,

MC>> Any more ideas before I give up and go back to Netscape? :-)

> Before you jump back, I have a couple of suggestions:

> 1. Set to store the attachments in a separate folder and see what
> happens.

Just tried it, no luck, usual message in the log.

> If that doesn't help,

> 2. Double-check your settings for SMTP server name in Netscape and in
> TB! -- make sure they're identical.

> Netscape:
> Edit, Preferences..., Mail & Newsgroups, Mail Servers, Outgoing mail
> (SMTP) server: <-- note the name

> Don't change them, but take a look:
> Is "Outgoing mail server user name:" a blank?

Yes

> Is "User Secure Socket Layer(SSL) or TLS for outgoing messages" set to
> "Never"?

Yes

> Then, back in TB!:
> Account, Properties..., Transport, SMTP Server <-- this should be the
> same as the Netscape SMTP server name

It is.

> Press the Authentication... button in this windows. Both checkboxes
> "Peform SMTP Authentication" and "Use 'POP before SMTP'
> authentication" should be UNchecked.

They already were.

One thing I'm not sure about; in Account -  Properties - Transport,
"8-bit characters are treated without changes" is checked. Is this
correct? That was the original setting, and I have no idea whether I
should change it.

--
Mary

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]