Friday, February 15, 2002, 11:27:42 PM, Yuki Taga wrote:

> So, if you are running in auto-protect enabled mode,
> *and* having Norton scan your e-mail on the way in, you are enjoying
> repetitive redundancy, and probably slowing down your retrieval just
> a touch. <g>
---

Not so. Using email scanning allows you to auto-quarantine or
auto-delete infections while still having NAV ask you what to do if it
detects a virus on access.

If you just rely on "on-access" scanning, and have NAV set to ask what
to do, it will halt your download on detecting a virus, which will
hold your connection open for longer than necessary and will stop TB
from downloading any subsequent messages. Check back through the
archives and you'll see that this has been of great concern to many TB
users.

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK