Interesting.  I have never had this happen, so let me see if I
understand you correctly.  You are saying that in auto-protect mode,
Norton will stop a download if it detects a virus in a message coming
it.  Is that right?

Symantec never mentioned that little trick to me when I had contacted
them about my inability to configure NAV2002 to work directly with
TB, after upgrading from 2001, which was configured to work with TB.
None of the tricks I've seen or read will make my 2002 work with TB.
That was when Symantec started going on about redundancy.

Fortunately, I am not on a metered line, so this wouldn't affect me
too much anyway, but I'm a bit unhappy to know that it would stop a
download in progress, requiring human intervention to resume.  Still
have no idea why I can't configure 2002 to work, but then neither
does Symantec, obviously.  ^_-

Yuki